What to Do When a Cat Pee on Plants

Up to now, I still very annoyed to the fact that there are chickens roaming around freely in my place. I even wrote an article about that (Gardening Tips in Area with Many Chickens). Lol. Yes, I have many problems with those birds. But, right now, I face another problem… One of my cat loves to pee on the pots!


So what should we do when a cat pee on the plants?

I love my cat anyway. She is the only female cat that I have among 2 of her sibling. She has a calico fur, and generally very sweet. But still, pee on the pots?

At first, my mom tells that to me. And I didn’t believe her. But one day, I saw it with my own eyes. That beautiful calico cat was sitting in a pot full of my portulaca then proceeded to… pee? Seriously?

I was really surprise at that time. I mean, we provide our cat with a place to do that dirty business. And still, the cat pee on the plants? There was a plant there. It was not like the pot was empty or something.

So I shouted at her, and luckily her pee was not that much at that time.  By this time, I begun to suspicious that the problem I saw on some of my plants were cause by my cat.

Some problems that I found:
  1. The portulaca didn’t produce flower at all. While the same plant I have in the backyard always give me flower every morning.
  2. Some of my plants have a problem with their leaves. And I don’t know why… 
  3. Some seems like take forever just to grow a leaf. 
So what should we do when we face this kind of problem?

What we should do if we found a cat pee on the plants

Change the Media

Change the soil or anything that have been peed by the cat. I wash my plants, and I change the soil I used. Because… well, I don’t think that cat pee is an okay for the plants, let alone make it better. I think the pee will definitely change the soil pH and chemist components. So I just decided to change it.


Watered them for One or Two Night with Rain

If you are busy and don’t have time to change the soil, then you can just watered them. Rain will help you a lot. It was raining season when I found my cat peed on the plants. So I just watered some plants that I think is too big. I place them in an outdoor space without a roof or anything, and hope that rain can neutralize what have had my cat done.

Make Your Cat Behave!

A cat that peed on the plants is a bad cat. We need to train this cat to pee on the right place. I myself have to admit that I didn’t train my cat. Most of my cat usually learn from their elders. So we rarely have to train them. But well, I think it’s time to train them?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

9 Differences between Lotus and Water Lily

Plants vs Chickens : Gardening Tips in an Area with Many Chickens